Different traditions and symbols for headstones and monuments worldwide; vary based on religions, cultures, and beliefs. But one of the most common symbols found in many cemeteries is the angel in gravesites, churches, religious ceremonies, and even homes. This famous angel has been around since ancient times, symbolizing different meanings and beliefs,
In the world of stone engraving and memorials, angel stone art is a popular choice for a good reason. If you’re interested in learning more about why angel stone headstones are so significant, here’s some insight. Stay with us!
Different Symbols Are Found In Headstones Or Memorials
It is very common to find different symbols in stone memorials, usually related to the person’s faith or identity. It is a way for people to remember and honor their loved ones who have passed away.
The most common symbols are:
- Religious figures: Such as the angel, a dove, or Jesus.
- Animals: Most likely related to the deceased’s favorite animal or spirit.
- Stone carvings are an array of stone carvings representing the deceased’s favorite hobbies, interests, or activities.
Significance Of The Angel In Headstones
The connection between heaven and earth is personified as an angel. They are responsible for ensuring that your loved ones remain protected after death. This can be accomplished by strengthening faith or providing peace of mind through protection from harm’s wayward spirits.
An ancient symbol depicting this idea exists across many religions, including Christianity, where angels have been known as feathered messengers between humans and God.
- A weeping angel communicates feelings of sadness and grief over a loved one.
- Angels that are portrayed with their heads bowed symbolize grief. They’ve placed especially the case when someone died suddenly or unexpectedly.
- Angels prayerfully watching over cemeteries can signify a deep devotion to God.
- Angelic statues with their arms pointing upwards guide the human soul to heaven.
Find Unique Custom Monuments At Forever In Stone!
Whether you’re thinking about having an angel or any other custom monument, we’re the right headstone engraving company at Forever in Stone. For many years we’ve been creating unique, one-of-a-kind stone carvings, essential stone memorials, and monuments.
At our professional stone engraving company, we understand the significance of stone art and how it can help honor our beloved ones. Our main mission is to create unique stone carvings for people in Turlock, CA.
So stop searching for other headstone engraving companies, and contact us today!